Dental Program "Smile New Haven!"
NHPS opened 5 licensed school based Dental Clinics in September, 2015 in Troup, Barnard, King Robinson, Hill Central and Truman schools.
Adding preventive dental services to existing SHC medical/behavioral health services provides a best practice, integrative model of care for our students.
Children who have a regular dentist can still receive care in our school dental clinics.
DENTAL SERVICES OFFERED AT SHC DENTAL CLINICS
- Dental examinations (screenings)
- Prophylaxis (cleanings)
- Fluoride treatments
- Radiographs (x-rays)
- Assessment, care and referrals for walk-in conditions (loose teeth, injury to tooth, pain, etc.)
- Dental health instruction & education
- Referrals are made for other specialized services
HOW DO SCHOOL DENTAL SERVICES HELP ME AND MY CHILD?
- Little or no missed school time for students
- No missed work time for parents
- No transportation problems
- No language barriers
- Continuity of care
- Better dental health – fewer cavities
WHAT DO DENTAL SERVICES COST?
New Haven Public Schools will bill your child’s insurance company for eligible services, if applicable.
There is no out-of-pocket cost to parents for these services.
HOW TO ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN SMILE NEW HAVEN! DENTAL PROGRAM:
Dental permission forms can be obtained at your child’s School Health Center or from the Dental Hygienist.
Parents must complete one form for each child at that school.
NHPS DENTAL CLINICS:
READY TO ENROLL YOUR CHILD?
Click on the button below to download the permission form, fill out, sign and bring it to the SHC!